Be a smart shopper. Earn rewards.
The choice is yours.
Here's how Tandem can help you save money and earn rewards:
1. Call or email Tandem if your doctor schedules you for an outpatient
test or procedure, such as:
2. A Tandem nurse will help you compare the cost and quality of your health plan’s participating providers in your area.
3. If you choose a low-cost provider, Tandem will help you reschedule your appointment and you will receive a financial reward for being a smart health care shopper. Your reward will be mailed to your home after you receive an explanation of benefits from your health plan. Your health plan may require a referral and/or prior authorization before you receive services from the low-cost provider. To ensure the services will be covered, please refer to your plan documents or contact your health plan for more information.
Tandem Standard Reward Schedule
Tandem’s standard rewards range from $10 to $75, depending on the type of service you are having and how much you save. Tandem also has customized reward programs for specific employer groups. When you call about your outpatient test or procedure, your Tandem nurse will tell you about the rewards that apply to your group for your test or procedure.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT TANDEM HEALTH ADVANTAGE
- There is no cost to you for using Tandem Health Advantage’s health care shopping service.
- There is no need to sign up for Tandem Health Advantage. If you are enrolled in your employer’s health plan, you and your covered dependents can call Tandem and earn rewards.
- There is no limit to how much you and your dependents can earn in rewards.
- Tandem Health Advantage is not insurance.
- Tandem rewards are taxable.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET YOUR REWARD:
1. Call Tandem. You will NOT receive a reward unless
you call prior to receiving your service.
2. Use one of the lower-cost providers identified by Tandem. A Tandem nurse can assist with rescheduling appointments and other paperwork for you. Be sure to let Tandem know the date your test or procedure is scheduled.
3.Your reward check will be mailed to you after you receive an explanation of benefits from your health plan confirming that your claim has been processed.